Reporting to the Manager, Operations, the Truck Driver is responsible for transporting inventory, both finished goods and raw materials to and from all warehouse locations. The Truck Driver will support the Company’s supply chain logistics in a safe and timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Manager, Operations, the duties and responsibilities of the Truck Driver include, but are not limited to the following:
- Transporting inventory by truck to and from warehouse locations and the Cowbell Farm;
- Inspecting trucks for mechanical items daily, and record all information on our cycle check sheet, report any safety issues to your manager and perform preventative maintenance when necessary;
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules;
- Complete daily driving activities log in accordance with National Safety Code (NSC);
- Comply with NSC standards as well as with company policies and procedures;
- Report defects, accidents or violations to your manager;
- Work within the warehouse environment when needed, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of six years of experience in long haul trucking;
- A current and valid Ontario AZ driver’s license with a clean driving record, a driving abstract will be requested upon hire;
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly;
- Forklift certification is an asset;
- Working in a safe and conscientious manner at all times, while adhering to all Company safety policies and guidelines, and;
- First aid certificate is an asset.
- Position may require long periods of sitting and driving;
- May be required to lift heavy objects and complete tasks that are physically demanding;
- Required to meet delivery schedules and timelines which may cause stress, and;
- May be required to drive in adverse driving conditions.