Reporting to the General Manager, Food & Beverage, the Bartender will provide exceptional guest experiences when serving food and beverages to valued guests. As frontline staff, the Bartender will provide table service to guests in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the General Manager, Food & Beverage, the duties and responsibilities of the Bartender include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to build professional relationships with guests and create an air of familiarity;
- Provide table service for guests which includes: promptly greeting guests, taking orders, answering menu and beverage inquiries, explaining daily; features, placing orders with kitchen and processing bills and taking payments;
- Take initiative in becoming knowledgeable in food and beverages being served;
- Performing opening and closing duties as assigned;
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of work area; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience in food and beverage;
- Valid Smart Serve certification;
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong multitasking skills;
- A strong sales ability with the ability to describe and recommend menu items enthusiastically;
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency and momentum;
- Ability to work well as a team and support team members when required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong customer service disposition; and
- A strong attention to detail.
- Position may require long periods of standing and walking;
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Required to work in a busy, open area which may result in constant interruptions; and
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.